Saturday, September 21, 2013

Homemade strawberry shortcake (sorta')



Back in my bartending days, we had a strawberry shortcake on our dessert menu. It caused a lot of confusion. Some people loved that it came on a real biscuit. Others snubbed it because it wasn't the "spongey" kind of shortcake. I'm most definitely on team spongey shortcake.

I love fruity desserts -- so this is one of my faves. Most recipes that I found online are of the biscuit variety. So, I used a yellow cake mix for mine and made itty bitty cakes. When they came out of the oven, I used the bottom of a spoon to make little indents in the center to hold fresh strawberries.

For the whipped cream, I followed these instructions from Real Simple, then garnished with fresh strawberries.

-- Brittany


No comments:

Post a Comment