Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome to Tomboy Glamour


Thanks for stopping by Tomboy Glamour, mom. (And, of course, anybody else who found me here).

For the past couple of years, I’ve bookmarked several style blogs that I check daily. It’s like “Oh my gosh, let me see what my make-believe friends on the Internet are wearing today.” Really, it’s a lot like show-and-tell, yes? I’ve been inspired to push my style limits, try new recipes and dress up my dog. (Sorry, Tyson Barkford).

I’m launching my blog on the first day of autumn because if there’s one thing I’ve learned from following style blogs, it’s that bloggers really like fall. Actually, that’s not true. And, we just met. So, I’m sorry for lying. Today is a good day for starting a blog because I’m a couple weeks away from making one of the biggest changes of my life. You see, for the last decade I’ve been a newspaper reporter -- working in a really fun and creative newsroom. In about two weeks, I’ll be beginning a new career as an investigator retained by the federal government, an opportunity I feel so blessed to take on. I’m excited. Like really excited. Like on a scale of one to 10, an “11” excited. 

My journalism skills -- like interviewing and investigating -- will transfer over into my new job and quench my curiosity. Tomboy Glamour, I hope, will be my creative outlet -- my little niche on the web to play dress up, continue writing and share some of my favorite recipes. I thought Tomboy Glamour would be a fitting name for my blog -- because I love sports and dresses. And, I survived the awkward middle school years when my idea of fashion was matching Nike shorts and T-shirts. Oh, and really, really tight ponytails. 


I’ve gone ahead and put up some other posts before this one because I didn’t want to invite you to an empty blog. That’d be like having you come over to my home, but me not having any furniture for you to sit on or food to eat. Thanks for joining me. 


-- Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment