Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hat season


(Manon Floppy Hat from Anthropologie, Brown Combo Plaid Shirt from Old Navy).



Hat season

Hat season by brittanyanas featuring lucky brand hats



Some how, some way, I’m missing the “shoe obsession” in my female genetic make-up. I’d be perfectly happy barefoot in the sand at all times. But the enthusiasm that I lack in the shoe department is more than compensated with other accessories -- like scarves and hats. I prefer my accessories in the head/neck region it seems? 

Last year, my grandma and I saw the Yves St. Laurent exhibit together and I loved how hats seemed to put the polishing touch on outfits -- with styles borrowed from the boys. Last year this time, I was obsessing over fedoras and cloches. This fall, I’m drawn to bolder, wide-brimmed hats with less structure, more flop -- like this Manon Floppy Hat from Anthropologie. I also picked up this red chained floppy hat for $16. A low side bun + hat is my go-to disguise for a bad hair day.


-- Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment