Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So much fall in one outfit



(I found this camel-colored sweater at Old Navy, now on sale for $15. It's a much-needed classic piece to balance out my pattern-obsessed closet. Chain-brimmed floppy hat from Charlotte Russe).



Boots, plaid scarf, floppy hat, burgundy and a leaf backdrop. That, my friends, is cramming a whole lotta' fall into one outfit. But go ahead and deduct 10 fall points because -- gulp, confession -- I don't like the taste of the highly revered, oh my gah Pumpkin Spice Latte. The Starbucks region of my tastebuds haven't turned into real grown ups and evolved past a hot chocolate order. 

This past weekend was a win in my book because I took Kevin on a chase to find "strip mall" Chinese food -- you know, the kind that is somewhere between "won't make you sick" but is far from fancy. That's where you find the best lemon chicken.  We also went to a boolesque show in Denver, met my mom's newly adopted dog that looks like Toto with an endearing underbite, caught up with friends and family and got in the Halloween spirit with The Conjouring and new season of American Horror Story. So many activities. It was like fall day camp. 

-- Brittany 


1 comment: